What are the Benefits of Corian Wash Troughs?
Corian is one of the most popular materials around for things like countertops, tables, bars, wash troughs and more. It is the original solid surface material; a non-porous, low maintenance surface that mimics the appearance of naturally occurring materials like granite and marble, to be cast into a variety of shapes. But what exactly are the benefits of using a Corian Wash Trough over other types and styles?
- Durable: Corian wash troughs are very durable, being impossible to delaminate and inconspicuously joined together, meaning that fluids like water can’t penetrate the design, while also being more than able to survive impact damage, nicks, and cuts you might expect from general wear and tear.
- Non-Porous: Being non-porous also means that Corian wash troughs are very hygienic, as bacteria and mould have no way of getting inside the surface to do any damage.
- Easily Cleaned: Corian’s non-porous surface prevents dirt and stains from penetrating the material, making it incredibly easy to clean. Marks and stains stay on the surface and can easily be removed with generic household cleaner.
- Easily Repaired: As durable as Corian wash troughs are, they are also incredibly easy to return to near mint condition, as all heavy stains and scratches can simply be polished out using the correct, high-grade sandpaper. It is also possible to fill in these scratches and dents, which can then be polished out to return the surface to new.
- Seamless: Corian wash troughs are inconspicuously crafted and pieced together to create a smooth material with no discernible seams, giving Corian solid surface a smart-looking surface that can be formulated into a variety of shapes and designs for any washroom.
- No Residual Water: Another benefit to Corian-style wash troughs, is that they remove the issue of having stagnant water sit on the worktop surface, a problem you might encounter with a traditional vanity top with basins. All of the residual water from washing hands goes straight down the plughole.
Those are just some of the best benefits to using a Corian style wash trough as a part of your commercial washroom’s design; they are durable, easily cleaned and easily repaired, with a smart design to boot. If you’re interested, you can view some of our solid surface wash trough products here.